Located at South Barlow Point, 63 nautical miles north of Darwin, Port Melville offers a security regulated port approved by the Commonwealth Government of Australia.
Port Melville is a multi-user facility supporting the Northern Territory oil & gas industry, marine transport industry and local Tiwi community through the provision of a port facility and ancillary services.
The Port Melville fuel facility consists of three vertical storage tanks with the capacity to hold up to 30 million litres of fuel. The facility also has a motor control centre room, dispensing pump skid, metering skid, waste water system, slops tank, fire protection and a light vehicle refueling system.
The wharf at Port Melville is approved for vessels up to 50,000 DWT with a water depth of 14m alongside and a 220m long berth face. Our adjacent on-shore facilities comprise a 10 hectares of cleared area suitable for; laydown, warehouse and appropriate industrial development, fuel storage, workshop, woodchip stockpile area, office facilities, wash-down facilities and container inspection facilities.
- Storage capacity of 30 million litres
- Offloading rate of 13,000 litres per minute at 1000kPa
- Bunker delivery rates up to 3000 litres per minute
- Motor control room
- Dispensing pump skid
- Mettering skid
- Waste water system
- Slops tank
- Fire protection
- Light vehicle refuelling system
- Approved for vessels up to 50,000 DWT
- Water depth of 14m alongside
- 220m long berth face with a 110m concrete shore connection pontoon
- Roll-on / roll-off ramp.